A dwarf densely branched shrub 1 to 2 ft high; stems densely covered with white, spreading hairs. Leaves elliptic to broadly so, obtuse to rounded at the apex, cuneate at the base, 1⁄4 to 3⁄4 in. long, 1⁄8 to 1⁄4 in. wide, the lower ones green above and short-stalked, the upper ones sessile, grey-hairy above, all leaves hairy beneath; venation pinnate, prominent beneath. Flowers in terminal cymes. Sepals mostly five, silky-hairy on the outside. Petals white, yellow at the base (or pale yellow with a deeper yellow base). Ovary glabrous; stigma sessile.
A natural hybrid between Halimium alyssoides and Cistus salviifolius, described from a plant found in 1914 in the Cevennes, France, on the borders between the departments of Ardèchc and Gard; introduced by Sir Oscar Warburg and his son E. F. Warburg and first shown by the former from his garden at Epsom in 1936. It is a pretty, moderately hardy shrub, flowering June and July. The flowers remain open until late afternoon.